About: Donna Cunningham
- Hi, I’m Donna Cunningham, the astrologer and author. Not Donna Cunningham, the Christian musician. Or Donna Cunningham, the New England math professor Or Donna Cunningham, the Florida realtor ….although I do listen to the music of the spheres, calculate the angles between the planets, and try to help people find their true home in this ever-shifting world of ours. I’ve been at this for 40 years, so if you were born in 1968 or after, I was watching the skies when you were born, trying to figure out what you’d be like when you grew up. Before I fell in love with astrology, I earned a master’s degree in social work from Columbia University, and I’ve counseled people about life challenges ever since. But social work is also about how we blend with our society, how we’re affected by the social and cultural milieu we live in, and how we cope with society’s institutions, structures, rules, and dysfunctions. I bring that broader perspective to my astrological insights by observing what happens as the slower-moving planets pass through the zodiac. As each of the outer planets passes through a sign, major social institutions are permanently altered, and we’re challenged to contend with those shifts. My specialty has been in helping people to understand and deal with the way the world is evolving while still remaining true to their core self. When I was born, Uranus was in Gemini, Neptune was in Virgo, and Pluto was in Leo. Now Uranus is ¾ around the wheel in Pisces, Neptune is in Aquarius, and Pluto has just popped into Capricorn for a long, long stay. The outer planets have covered a lot of zodiacal ground in that time, so I’ve watched society do a lot of changing and people right along with it. I did charts and counseled lots of individuals for a very long time, but it was always my mission to reach out to the broader world with the insights astrology makes possible. Fortunately, the Creator also gave me the gift of writing—and the grit to work hard at polishing it until the writing could speak to anyone who’d read it. I wrote 19 books, over a thousand articles, and 15 years of Dell Horoscope Magazine’s Dear Abbey type advice column. From all indications, doggone it, people like me! My current mission is to teach others in astrology and other New Age fields how to write about their own wisdom and experience. (Read about my online writing seminars at http://www.moonmavenpublications.com/writingseminar.html.) Books take a year or longer to write—longer still to publish—and articles and columns may take as much as six months to appear. That’s lonely work, so the idea of instantly sharing my newest discoveries and insights in a blog has great appeal. I hope you enjoy your visit, sign up to be notified of new posts, and come back often. Welcome!
Posts by Donna Cunningham:
August 19, 2012 Saturn Return Stories Galore!
October 29, 2011 The Difference between the First and Second Saturn Return
May 20, 2011 Flower Essence Support for the Neptune-Saturn Group
May 11, 2011 Welcome, Second Saturn Return Members!
- Taylor Swift, John F. Kennedy, and Marilyn Monroe—a Neptune-Saturn Trio
- Saturn Return Stories Galore!
- Saturn puts the icing on the cake.
- The Difference between the First and Second Saturn Return
- Second time around. How was it different this time?
- A 2nd Saturn Return back to the 9th house–a relationship and beliefs journey
- Where is YOUR Second Saturn Return?
- Saturn return, transit beyond Saturn in the 6th house
- Flower Essence Support for the Neptune-Saturn Group
- The 6th house Saturn Return – an artist who served for 32 years